We are looking for an Android developer who will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of applications. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and create applications for client projects and in-house requirements.
- Make use of Android frameworks to create UI faster, take control/understand client projects from start to end.
- Deliver the projects successfully in-time with quality.
- Stay updated on the latest industry trends, development practices and evolving mobile technologies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven working experience in Android development
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code –
- Have published at least 2 apps in the play store
- Experience with Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Strong knowledge of designing and developing for tablets
- Strong knowledge with image editing, handwriting recognition
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and languages
- Familiarity with git/github/continuous integration